If you are anything like my daughter, you may be experiencing some seasonal allergy symptoms this time of year. Here in upstate NY we have been bouncing between cooler 60 degree days and hot almost 90 degree days. These weather shifts are not helping our seasonal allergy sufferers.
Knowing your triggers and monitoring them is important, but there are some awesome natural remedies to help aid in seasonal allergy symptoms, especially if you don't want to take a traditional allergy medicine everyday.
If you are suffering from seasonal allergies give these things a try!
1) Diffuse Lavender, lemon and peppermint oil daily in your house
2) Take a stinging nettle supplement. This will help reduce the body's production of symptom causing histines.
3) Eat (or drink in a shake) 1 tsp of spirulina per day. This helps stop the release of histamine that causes symptoms.
4) Eat local honey. Up to 2 tbsp per day.
5) Drink apple cider vinegar to help break up mucus and support lymphatic draining. Mix 1 tbsp of ACV with 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp of local honey up to 3x per day.
6) Eat pineapple. The Bromelain found in pineapple can help to reduce your reaction to seasonal allergies.
Don't jump too quickly to rely on over the counter allergy medicines. There are so many natural things you can try first! Check these out if you are having symptoms!
Live well, be well.