- Anger won't help you lose fat.
- Being stressed out and focusing on “getting everything perfect” and “trying really hard” won't help you lose fat — even if you are doing everything “right”.
- “let go” and stop worrying so much, and start to lose fat.
- Trust the process and start to lose fat.
- Focus on self-care and self-compassion, and putting in a “good enough” effort consistently, start to lose fat.
Now, there are a couple of obvious explanations for this.
- Better moods, healthier emotions, and better self-regulation usually means less emotional eating.
- Letting go of irrelevant details in favor of consistency with the big picture means that you can do a few key practices every day instead of “majoring in the minor” and missing or irregularly doing the crucial behaviors.
So, if your goal is to lose body fat, stop stressing about being perfect and doing all of the right things. Focus on the major things that you can change and do consistently that will make the biggest impact. Trust the process and work at it everyday.
Live well, be well.