Yes, grass fed beef is more expensive. It's not widely available in every grocery store. But if you aren't eating it, you should be.
Here are the top 7 reasons that you should be eating grass fed beef:
1) It contains healthier fats then grain fed beef. Grass fed beef has 2-4 times the amount of omega 3 fatty acids then grain fed beef does. This is good fat we want to be consuming!
2) It has more vitamins. Grass fed beef has 7 times more beta-carotene and 2 times more vitamin E then grain fed beef.
3) It's safer. Grass fed cows are healthier. They are able to roam free on a pasture. There is less food born illness and less use of antibiotics amongst grass fed cows.
4) Its more humane. Grass fed cows spend their lives outdoors. Grain fed cows spend their life crammed in a pen with too many other cows.
5) There are no GMO's. Grass fed cows are fed all natural grass products, unlike grain fed cows that are eating GMO corn, soy and grain products.
6) It's easier to digest. There are no antibiotic residues or GMO foods in the meat, so it's safer and healthier as well as being easier to digest for humans.
7) It's better for the Earth. Grazing cattle keep fields healthy and reduce the need for pesticides.
Choosing a high quality meat should be important to you. Be sure to read labels and understand where you meat is coming from and how it raised and fed. Trust me, grass fed meat is worth the extra money.