“If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be good to me?” - Maya Angelou
Too often in life we put ourselves down, put ourselves last and forget the importance of being good to ourselves.
Today’s challenge is all about YOU! I challenge you to not only say nice things about yourself / to yourself all day, but actually take some time and do something nice for yourself today.
Here are some ideas:
- do something for your body (massage, mani/pedi, etc.)
- Buy something for yourself that you have wanted for a while
- take a nap
- get a babysitter and plan a date night
- sit on the couch and watch movies all day
- don’t do anything on your “to-do” list
- go out to eat, or order food in
- don’t do anything related to work today
- go on a long hike by yourself (or with your dog)
Being good to others is an honorable thing, but we need to remember the importance of being selfish every once in awhile and taking some time just for you. I hope you find a way to truly love yourself today and do something that makes you feel good and refreshed.